The DESIRE Network is pleased to announce the Second International Conference on Creativity and Innovation in Design, to be held in Eindhoven, the Netherlands, on 19-21 October 2011.
The conference theme of the first DESIRE conference, held in Aarhus, Denmark, on 16-17 August 2010, was theories and models of creative processes in design (see https://conference.cbs.dk/index.php/desire/conference for more details).
The conference theme of this second DESIRE conference is theory and practice of creative processes in design. Full papers and workshop proposals are invited on the following topics:
- Methods, tools and techniques for supporting creative design processes
- Methods, tools and techniques for observing and studying creative design processes
- Design cases illustrating the role of creativity in design
- Theoretical insights into creative design processes in design and related domains
- Visions on teaching & research in creative design
- Creativity by teams, organizations, and communities
- Representations supporting creative design
- Understanding the social and psychological aspects of design work
- Social and cultural theories of design work
The conference is organized by the DESIRE Network (www.desirenetwork.eu) which is funded by the European Commission. The network aims to advance the current understanding of creative processes applied in scientific and technological design.
The conference is organized In-Cooperation with ACM and papers and workshop/tutorial materials will be published in the ACM library. We shall publish a supplementary proceedings with poster/exhibit materials. Keynote speakers are Marc Hassenzahl and Linda Candy.
The conference takes place just prior to the 10th edition of the Dutch Design Week, the major annual venue to experience Dutch design in all its facets (see www.dutchdesignweek.nl/index.php?lang=en&id=0). This year’s Dutch Design Week in which over 1500 designers participated lasted 9 days, has 300 events spread over 65 locations throughout the town of Eindhoven, and drew 150.000 visitors from Holland and abroad.